Our World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not What it Seems

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Not What it Seems Empty Not What it Seems

Post by Captain Rose Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:47 pm

Dimitri is in for the ride of his life. Literally, some chick hopped onto his bike just as he was about to get on, and drove his bike without his permission. Then went above the speed limit… talk about breaking the laws. He tired reasoning with her to find another ride but it didn’t work out so well.
“Sorry but, I have a demon to catch. You’re welcome to join me. However, if you get in my way, you’ll regret that you did.” She smiled at him before pressing her foot flat down on the petal. That’s nice a girl stealing my bike who needed it for demon hunting- wait, demon hunting? He heard her laugh; she must think this is funny.
This is what he gets for living in an uneventful town of Denver. Not much going on well not until she showed up. Who was he talking about? The girl how stole his bike so, she could catch a demon and kill it. Yea he sounds crazy but, trust me there’s more to this girl, Ruby, than meets the eye. As for the world he thought he knew: it just isn’t what it seemed to be anymore.

Dimitri gets dragged into the assassination clan- shadow hunter family as Ruby would correct him. Yet he is still set on calling her kind, assassins. An unexpected relationship blooms between them, but, there are forces that are set on capturing those humans with sight. Sight that thing Dimitri never knew he had. Sight is what allowed him to see Ruby and the others. Also, this sight makes him the next target to be captured.

Are other shadow hunters, aside from Ruby? Why yes, there is her best friend, Pearl, and her parabatai , Stephen. Both get along extremely well. However, Stephen and Ruby don’t get along well due to their “history” and personalities. Stephen likes to be in charge which conflicts with Ruby but, if anyone brings harm to Pearl or Ruby. Be prepared to suffer the consequences. When Dimitri meets Stephen is doesn’t go over to well either… but, boys will be boys, right?

Looks like it will be a never ending ride for Dimitri, a ride that can be ended with one wrong turn.

Name: Dimitri Williams (taken)
Race: Human
Bio: He is fresh out of college with a major in Math and Science. He happens to be lucky enough to have parents that pay him so; he does have a place of his own to live in. He is one of those guys that is sarcastic and at times can’t be taken seriously. But, when it comes time to be serious he is ready to take action.
Looks:
Not What it Seems Images10

Name: Ruby Blackthorn (taken)
Race: Shadow Hunter
Bio: Ruby finally is an adult. Which, she is glad for no more people “above” her to tell her what to do. Well there still is the head of the Institute of Colorado Springs, Harmony. She has always been a mother to her. Ruby is not one to follow rules and doesn't think things through before going into them. At times it is her downfall too. She is hard to get along with since she is rude to others she doesn't know. But, hey behind that rudeness and bitchy attitude, is a girl worth getting to know.
Looks:
Not What it Seems Images11

Name: Pearl Avery (taken)
Bio: Pearl happens to be the only “normal” one out of the group. She acted just like any teenage girl would obsess over boys and in love with Justin Bieber. She had a thing for loving to party no matter what time of day. That was until she met Stephen. He changed her life around and turned her into the best shadow hunter she could be, according to Stephen standards was a 9 and him being 10. Since her transformation she got into rock and roll and playing pool. Which, for Pearl is a huge change.
Looks:
Not What it Seems Graphi10

Name: Stephen Grayson (taken)
Bio: As soon as he turned 3, his father raised him to kill: killing demons. That’s all he has ever known and believes that all he was created for. He is not one to let loose and have fun. He tends to be strict and come off as the boss of the group. He doesn’t like humans for they are so reckless and care free. He swore if he ever had to meet a human he would swear by the angel which is something shadow hunters aren’t suppose to do.
Looks: Not What it Seems Images12

Name: Amari Williams (taken)
Race: Human (not warlock)
Bio: Amari grew up in a world where she knew those fairy tales her mother use read to her existed. Yet, it didn't scare her. She grew up knowing there were demons that wanted your soul and vampires that thirsted for your blood. To her this life was normal and what the other teens went through was weird. She was raised by a maid named Celia, who her father hired. From then on out she never saw her mother. She always wanted to ask her father about where her mom went but deep down she is scared. Since she knows her father is a warlock and has magic that seems to have no limits. Something in her gut tells her, that man who is her father isn't who she thinks she is. She is open minded and mellow. Which is surprising for a teen.

Looks:Not What it Seems Tumblr10

Name: Leah Avery (taken)
Bio: Leah is a very outgoing kind of girl. There isn’t a time of day where she isn’t doing something to keep her occupied. Due to her being active 24/7 she is really competitive. She constantly setting up competitions for everyone and her goal in all of them is to win. Aside from that she takes after her older sister Pearl and will do anything to protect the people she cares about.
Looks:Not What it Seems 88a16b10

Last edited by Captain Rose on Mon May 27, 2013 8:41 pm; edited 4 times in total
Captain Rose
Captain Rose
Admin
Admin

https://ourworld2create.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Not What it Seems Empty Re: Not What it Seems

Post by Captain Rose Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:00 am

Ruby had to find that demon. Stephen, Pearl and her had been tracking this demon for days. At first this sneaky little monster was playing a good game of hide and seek. However, Ruby had no tolerance for this game with a demon. She found him and then it started to run. What a fool. Thanks to her runes she could run pretty fast... well, that was until she tripped. Then she had other issues to worry about like her bloody ankle. In the haste she was in, she stole the first motorcycle she had seen. Sadly, it was not a clean getaway. The owner had hopped on himself apparently thinking she was a robber. Ruby had no time for this but, she did not complain. The demon. The demon she needed to kill was the only thing on her mind. Then, her ankle and perhaps a treat for a job done well. Maybe then she could talk to Stephen no. She better avoid him. After all he was pretty angry with her at this moment. Oh well!

"Sorry I have a demon to catch. You're welcome to join me." Ruby offered the bike owner,"But, if you get in my way. You'll regret that you did." She smiled before slamming her foot against the pedal. The demon wouldn't expect this which caused her to laugh. Who would of ever thought of killing a demon while on a motorcycle. No one! That is except for Ruby Blackthorn.
Captain Rose
Captain Rose
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MyNameIsAlan Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:34 pm

During the ride back home, Dimitri noticed he was running low on fuel. Luckily, after several minutes of cruising on his bike, he spotted a gas station filled with multiple motorcycles parked alongside each other. Stepping off his bike he entered the rusty store where a middle aged cashier greeted him, "Nice bike you got out there." Dimitri placed two twenty dollar bills on top of the desk and gave the cashier a quick smile. "Thanks, I fixed it up myself from scratch. Took me several months but surely paid off."

Every since he graduated from college, majoring in math and science, and the support of his parents wealth, he was able to mechanically make a motorcycle. It was painted black with chromed handle bars, the gauges, brakes, exhuast and mufflers were customated and specialized. The bike is one of Dimitri's most valued possession and greatest accomplishment; not ever daring to let anyone ride it except for himself.

After the short conversation with the cashier ended he left to go refill his motorcycle. While exiting the store still holding his wallet, out of nowhere, a girl came rushing towards his bike. She appeared to be around his age and harmless but something about her sparked danger. With a quick reaction, dropping his wallet without noticed, he ran to the bike like life depends on it. In astonishment, she ran swiftly with such amazing speed he began to fear the loss of his bike. She beat him to the bike but as quick as she was, Dimitri pushed his legs to the limit and made a leap towards the seat. "Dammit, out of every other bike she had to steal mine." With the success of his leap he got on board. "What the hell are you thinking?! Get off my bike!" She gave a quick glanced at him and replied, "Sorry I have a demon to catch. You're welcome to join me. But, if you get in my way. You'll regret that you did." This girl is not gonna steal my bike for some stupid de-wait, did she say just demon? Holy crap is this girl crazy?! Not knowing what to say back, she stepped on the gas pedal and zoomed after the demon. Accelerating at 60 miles per hour with a bezerk girl steering the wheels, things were starting to get dangerous. What has he gotten himself into?
MyNameIsAlan
MyNameIsAlan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tessa Herondale Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:31 pm

"We need to catch that demon," Pearl said. "We've been tracking it for too long, we're needed back at the institute!"
"I'll get right on that" said Ruby, but she looked distracted. Pearl looked around, and spotted what Ruby was looking at.
"No. Oh, no. You don't need that, Ruby, we can catch the demon without stealing some guy's motorcycle!"
"That's just what you think."
"Ruby-" She was already gone. Pearl watched her run away, and almost collide with the guy who supposedly owned the bike. It was a nice bike and he was probably very proud of it, which explained why he was running. They both jumped onto the motorcycle, and Ruby exchanged a few words with him, before taking off, with him on the back.
"Good job, Ruby! Always leaving your partner behind, this is why you don't have a parabatai yet." Pearl grumbled. She pulled out her phone and dialed Stephans number for a ride.
Tessa Herondale
Tessa Herondale
Struggling To Go On
Struggling To Go On

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Rose Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:50 pm

The adrenaline in her veins was going crazy. Who knew riding a stolen motorcycle could be so much fun. Ruby grinned. "All I need is a large gallon of pink lemonade and this day will be complete." She told no one in particular. The grin disappeared when she spotted the demon heading into an alley. Without giving much warning to the owner of the bike, she made a sharp turn and pulled out her seraph blade with one of her hands while the other drove the motorcycle. Luckily for her, the demon didn't have much of a brain. The alley was only one way in and one way out.

"Stay on your bike. Don't move. Don't scream. If you can do that, I'll give you back your keys and you'll be on your way to do whatever it was you were doing earlier." Ruby told him. Before causing the bike to a quick stop that almost caused for her to fly over the handle bars. The demon had his back to her, oh. what a really stupid demon. He really isn't such a threat now... What am I thinking? He killed a human. Which is a big no no. Ruby shoved the keys deep into her pocket and got off the bike silently.

Without another sound she jumped forward to the creature, with the blade in her hand. But, before she could kill it, the bloody thing grabbed her neck and threw her over on her back. "Shit!" She hissed before swinging her legs kick it in the head. Maybe this demon isn't stupid at all. Guess they should say don't judge a demon by it's looks. The demon did look pretty hideous though. For a nose it had a pig snot and white eyes that lost it's color long ago. The color of it's skin was onyx and looked as if it were a skin made of rock. As far as she was concerned she had everything under control. Well, that was until Ruby got back onto her feet the demon attacked her face. Well this is great?! I can't see a damn thing! Ruby tried clawing at it but with no success the demon wouldn't let go.
Captain Rose
Captain Rose
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MyNameIsAlan Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:16 pm

Still in shocked by what is going on, Dimitri gathered his thoughts and crept his head secretively down the narrow alley to see what the commotion was about. In complete awe, the mysterious girl was fighting the hideous monster. The demon! The moment his eyes caught sight of that thing, his eyes shot wide open in horror. Slowly taking deep breaths he closed his eyes, "Okay, this is only a dream Dimitri, once you open your eyes everything will go away. It is only a dream." Taking one last deep breath he opened his eyes and with no luck, everything was still at chaos. He thought about making a run away but realized that bike robber still had his keys. Taking another look at the fight, Dimitri saw her laying on the ground for a quick second but fast enough, kicker herself in the air. The moment she got back onto her feet the demon attacked her face.

Loudly talking to himself in a whispered voice, "Holy crap I gotta get help, that chick is getting mauled. But wait, if I leave, she might die by the time I get back. Why should I even help the girl who stole my bike? But then how could I live with myself knowing I let that person die while I run away?" Panicking, he looked left to right, and spotted a sharped blade laying on the ground not too far from him. In the heat of moment, he suddenly came up with maybe the craziest idea in his life.

With quick intentions, he dashed towards the blade while the demon was still attacking her. With the blade in his hand, feeling bold yet petrified, he took one last glanced at his beautiful motorcycle. He turned around and locked his eyes upon the deadly monster with killing intent. Goodbye world, goodbye mom and dad, goodbye bike, this is the last time I'll see you guys. Regretfully, he charged towards the demon while it had its back on him. Hastily raising his hand he strike the demon's back and dug deep into its tissues. It roared loudly upon the stabbed and immediately the monster turned around and struck a powerful slash on his chest that caused him to fly back, hitting a brick wall.

The slam against the wall knocked the breath out of him. His whole entire body felt like it shattered into a million pieces.The sight percieved through the lens of eyes seemed so blurry and slow. Everything sounded so muffled it was hard to hear the noise echoing in his head, "Run! Run!" Immobilized and weary, he leaned against the wall. Watching the demon slowly moving towards him, he closed his eyes and drift into darkness.
MyNameIsAlan
MyNameIsAlan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tessa Herondale Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:49 pm

Pearl held on as Stephan whipped in behind Ruby and that guy. She saw Ruby on the ground, pinned by the demon, and the other guy slumped against the wall, looking severely hurt, with blood dribbling out of one of the corners of his mouth.
"Here I come, to save the day." She muttered, rolling her eyes. She turned to Stephan.
"Stay with the car. I'll be back."
"But, I want to-"
Pearl shut the door in his face. She pulled the knife out of her boot, and snuck up on the demon. It was too preoccupied trying to figure out which part of Ruby to eat first. Not that she was out cold yet, but she was dead without help, garunteed. If her mouth hadn't been covered, Pearl was sure she'd be telling that demon off. Pearl forced herself back into concentration. She was almost there, almost behind him. Suddenly, it stopped. Sniffed the air. Shit. It could smell her.

She was already moving when the demon whipped around, with one hand, while the other kept Ruby on the ground. She flipped up and back, landing on the demons arm. It stupidly brought we closer to it face. She reached out and poked it in the eye. It roared in pain and dropped her, using both hands to cover it's eye. Ruby scrambled up, none too gracefully.
"I had it under control!" Ruby called, a grin on her face.
"I could tell by the way he was suffocating you." Pearl responded.
Ruby dropped her ready stance, and looked at Pearl. "I did have a plan, though."
"And that plan would be what, lick its hand until it let you go? You could catch demon pox that way!" Pearl watched the demon start to recover. For such a brutal creature, it had really sensitive eyes.
"Don't be ridiculous. I wasn't going to lick it, that would taste horrendous!"

The demon roared again, in front of them.
"What did you do with Stephan?" Ruby asked, eyeing the demon.
"He's watching the car. I need a ride back when you run off with motorcycle boy over there. You distract, I'll kill it?"
"You know it." They gave each other a smile, and took off. Ruby started shouting at the demon, distracting it. She threw one of her many, many knives at it, until she had its full attention. Pearl watched all this, while sneaking underneath the creature. She was praying like crazy that Ruby wouldn't make it drop. She snuck till she was right under the thing, then stabbed upward. She rolled out from underneath it, as it fell. They watched it dissolve into nothing.

"I'm so glad. I killed that thing." Pearl said.
"You killed it? You wouldn't have even gotten the chance if I hadn't been here." Ruby disagreed.
Pearl rolled her eyes. There was just no winning with her. She walked over to the mortal.
"Awwww, man! He's seriously hurt, Ruby, and we can't just take him to the hospital."
"I told him to stay with the bike." Ruby said.
"Alright. We have no choice, he has to go to the institute. Help me get him to the-"
Ruby was already on the bike, and was kicking it into gear.
"Yeah yeah, institute, injured guy, I'll make sure his bike is safe. I'll meet you there!" She drove off.
"Ruby!!" Pearl yelled after her. She sighed in frustration. "Why is it all our conversations always end with me talking to myself?" She shook her head and started pulling the unconcious mortal to the car.
Tessa Herondale
Tessa Herondale
Struggling To Go On
Struggling To Go On

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Rose Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:29 pm

"That stupid mundane. I told him not to leave his bike! Why do all humans have selective hearing?" Ruby shook her head and decided to just let go what just happened. "He will probably die from the demon blood... but, then again how did he see me?" Ruby checked her arm for the glamour rune, and it was there. A human with sight? How odd. They weren't many of them but, that also means there is a warlock in the area. How else could that guy seen her?

This bike owner will have a lot of explaining to do when he woke up. "Damn now I really need Pearl to save him." She groaned before looking down and noticing his bike had a radio. "Let's see what mundanes listen to these days." Ruby pressed the button and out blared Born to Be Wild. "Well, at least he doesn't have terrible taste in music. I figured he was the classical type." Ruby turned up the volume.

♪♫♪ Get your motor runnin'
Head out on the highway
Looking for adventure
In whatever comes our way ♪♫♪

Ruby couldn't help but chuckle. "Guess this explains why he thinks he's a terrible listener." The sky was becoming dark. The air carried a chill that wasn't there before. But, this time it wasn't cold because the sun was going down. Something wicked was coming this way. Which worried Ruby. She hopped it was just a feeling and it wouldn't be more then that.

The traffic that night wasn't all that bad either. Which was in Ruby's favor because she wanted to get back to the institute to deal with the demon blood and her bloody ankle. There was a healing rune but, Ruby had been in such a hurry to leave she didn't think of putting it on. "Pearl might kill me this time for being forgetful." She mumbled to herself before pulling up the driveway of the Institute.
Captain Rose
Captain Rose
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tessa Herondale Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:18 pm

"I'm gonna kill her this time! Really, she's dead!" Pearl had pulled his body almost all the way to the car, while Stephan just watched. "Are you going to help me or not??"
"I could, but it's more fun to watch you struggle." Stephan said, moving to help Pearl.
"Ass." Pearl moved and grabbed the mortals wrists, and Stephan grabbed his ankles. They dropped him in the backseat.
"Do we really have to help this one? He looks like he could die, and no one would care..." Stephan asked. Pearl sighed, she wasn't up to dealing with his human prejudice.
"Just drive. We'll be ticked off at Ruby later. Right now we have a dying mundane, and Ruby took his bike."
"Again?"
"Unfortunately, yes. Lets go." Pearl turned on the radio. Maybe she could hit up the club down the street tonight, that would get her mind off things. There was one a little farther that played better music....
Tessa Herondale
Tessa Herondale
Struggling To Go On
Struggling To Go On

Back to top Go down

Post by MyNameIsAlan Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:04 pm

Feeling the ground below him peacefully rumbling and vibrating, was such a wonderful sound. Laying on the comfortable leather seat as if it was a bed, Dimitri thought this was the best feeling he had ever felt. Yet, his whole body felt like it was broken shards of glass put together by Elmer's glue. The pain was aggrivating and painstakingly unbearable. Groaning, he begin to wake from his deep slumber. I had such a horrible dream. Some brown-haired girl stole my bike to fight a demon. The demon, I attacked it to save her but got thrown back..

Eyes slowly opening, two unknown people were sitting in front, one appeared to be a male and the other a female. Uninterested he stared out the window. Judging from the scenery of the sky, it was night time. The stars shined brightly and the brilliant glow of the moon cast a light upon his body, revealing the injuries. Looking down, alarmed, he recalled what happened wasn't a dream. Suddenly all the pain came surging throughout his body and Dimitri screamed loudly, "Gaahhh! The pain, make it stop!" The shadowy female quickly turned around and asked, "Are you alright? Please calm down, everything is going to be fine, you just have to bear the pain for a little while longer." Dimitri started squirming and continued to groan in pain ignoring what she had said. "I say we should just dump him on the side of the road. This mundane looks like he's about to die anyway," said the male. She gave him a cold stare that shut his mouth up. Turning back, she continued to comfort Dimitri.

He spoke each words like it pained him severely, "Please you have to help me, a girl stole my bike, I have to go back. And the demon, that monster is going to kill her if we don't go back." With a deep sigh she replied back, "Your motorcycle is safe and so is the girl. Everything is alright so you should just go back to resting."
"Where's my bike? What happened back there? Where am am I going?"
"Just sleep, I'll explain everything once you wake again. Don't worry your safe now." She faced toward the car again leaving Dimitri with unanswered questions. Despite the pain, he tried to get up with no prevail. More groans of pain were let out distrupting the quiteness inside the car. "Want me to shut him up?" The male said. "No I'll put him to sleep." She turned around and quickly striked a nerve point where it knocked him out cold. The shadowed girl face was the last thing he saw before everything went black again, disolving the pain throughout his body and everything else around him.
MyNameIsAlan
MyNameIsAlan

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Rose Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:32 pm

Ruby was the last to pull up to the Institute. "Nice to be home." She muttered before heading inside the building. She could sense the mundane inside the building. Harmony was no where is sight either, must be helping out with the human. Demon blood is killer. Lucky for her the blood was only on her skin so, she just needed to take a shower.

On her way up to her room she heard some foot steps coming for her. She stopped walked and turned to face Stephen. There was worry lines all over his face but, his jaw was set. He was ready to blow.

"Before you start to-" She started but got cut off.

"No! Shut it Ruby! I don't want to hear it. Look at what you done! We have a human in our home. By the angel! You know how much I hate them. Then, you just had to drag him into the fight! It's your responsibility to keep their kind safe!"

Ruby rolled her eyes and replied,"He isn't their kind if he can SEE us, idiot. I thought you would of known that too."

Stephen closed the gap between the two of them and got in her face ignoring her little insult,"You are the worst shadow hunter I seen yet. You failed to kill that demon alone and in the making let the demon touch you and the human." He spat.

"Aw, you look so adorable when your pissed off." She giggled and pinched his cheek. This only caused him to become even more aggravated towards her.

"Well, who has a paratabai? Right I do. While you on the other hand don't. You don't deserve to have someone watch your back on the battle field." He hissed.

Ruby shrugged,"I suppose that's a good thing. I don't trust anyone to watch my back. I will do it myself. Nice chat. I need to go shower." She patted his cheek lightly before heading to her bathroom to shower.

It took everything in Stephen to keep him from strangling that girl. Even if they weren't together she still knew how to push his buttons.

Captain Rose
Captain Rose
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tessa Herondale Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:34 pm

(Just realized why the story read wrong)

Ruby parked the bike and walked inside, right past Stephan and Pearl. Stephan scowled at the door she walked through.
"Stephan, I know that face, don't-" Pearl's warning came too late. He followed Ruby inside.
"Stephan! You're really going to make me carry him all by myself? Seriously? Stephan!"
He didn't turn around, but walked into the institute, leaving Pearl to cope on her own. She turned to look at the passed out mortal in the back seat.
"Well, i guess it's just you and me now. You don't look all that heavy, i guess..." She hefted him out of the backseat "Nope! I lied, you're heavy. I'm going to kill Ruby this time, and maybe Stephan too." she huffed, as she dragged him up the steps to the hospital part of the institute.
Tessa Herondale
Tessa Herondale
Struggling To Go On
Struggling To Go On

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Rose Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:06 pm

(Are you sticking with the second post?)
Captain Rose
Captain Rose
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tessa Herondale Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:10 pm

(Yes ma'am. You updated yours while i was writing my first post, so i didn't exactly get the chance to fix the first one.)
Tessa Herondale
Tessa Herondale
Struggling To Go On
Struggling To Go On

Back to top Go down

Post by MyNameIsAlan Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:56 pm

Beep. Beep. Beep. Carefully opening his eyes, Dimitri found himself laying on a comfortable bed with white fabric sheets beneath him. More beeps echoed off into his eardrums. Annoyed, he looked to his right and happen to find a heart rate monitor siting beside him. Observing his surrounding, Dimitri discerned that he is in some kind of infirmary. Suddenly realizing what had happened earlier he looked down at his chest. It appeared to be treated and wrapped up in bandages. The pain is still great but subsided significantly. Within a quick second, all the memories earlier came rushing back and immediately, he jolted straight up, my bike! I have to find my bike, he thought to himself. But an abrupt pain burned in chest as if someone replaced his blood with lava. Letting out a loud scream, a woman appeared in front of him.

"What are you doing?! You need to lie back down and rest. You're still badly injured." Ignoring the woman Dimitri tried to get out of the infirmary bed but without success more pain came surging in. She forcefully pushed him back onto the bed and continued to scold him. Taking a look at her face, he suddenly remembered it was the girl earlier in the car. Dimitri demanding an answer he yelled, "YOU! Where am I and where is my bike?"
"Your motorcycle is kept safe and locked away and as for where you are, you're at the institute."
"Institute? More like a kidnap and theft warehouse. I want to be released along with my bike." He started to get up again but too weak to fight back, she quickly pushed him back onto the bed again. "I told you already, you need to rest and when you get better you can go." Continuing to argue back and forth, it distrupted the quiet enviornment where then two more people showed up.

"What's all the noise here?!" said the male. Looking over Dimitri realized, that was the guy who wanted to throw me outside the car! And her! She stole my bike and fought the demon. Recalling his memories he started shouting at them, "All of you people! What the hell is going on?! First my bike was stolen by some crazy chick, then some demon showed up in an alley. Now I'm trapped in some place called "the institute"." Pointing his finger at the blonde haired girl he said, "She told me in the car that she'll explain everything later! Right now is later. Now you guys owe me an explanation. So talk away."
MyNameIsAlan
MyNameIsAlan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tessa Herondale Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:04 pm

"Well, dumbass-" Stephan started.
"Stephan! If you can't be nice, get out!" Pearl interrupted him, appalled he would be so rude to the mortal.
"Well, it's not like i have a different name to call the mundane! And it almost got killed, even after Ruby told it to stay with the bike."
"Dimitri." The mundane in question interrupted. "My name is Dimitri, and I don't know what a mundane is, but it sounds hurtful, and I am not an it."
Pearl glared at Stephan, and Stephan threw his hands in the air and walked out.
"Don't mind Stephanie, she's a little drama queen." chimed in Ruby.
"Ruby, don't call him Stephanie. We're not exactly making a great first impression." Pearl said. She rubbed her eyes, and sat down at the bedside chair. "Do you mind if Ruby stays?" she asked Dimitri.
"Yes, I mind. That chick stole my bike. With me on it. This is kidnapping." Dimitri protested.
"Alright, then, Ruby, get out." Pearl ordered.
"What? You're just going to kick me out, just like that? Just because bike boy-"
"Dimitri"
"Says so?"
"Yes, i believe that is what i said. Get out Ruby." Pearl repeated. Following Stephan's example, she threw her hands up, exasperated, and walked out.
"So. You're Dimitri, then. How old are you, Dimitri?" Pearl asked.
"19. I still don't know who you are. I got Ruby and Stephan, but who are you?" Dimitri asked.
"Pearl. Pearl Avery, and I'm 18." Pearl smiled at him, hoping to relax him. He was still weak, and she didn't want to stress him.
"I wanted to thank you. For, you know, not letting that guy toss me out of the car." Dimirti said, lowering his eyes.
Pearl was suprised. "He wouldn't have tossed you out of the car. Probably. He was just being his usual stubborn, prejudiced self. But, you're welcome, I guess."
Dimitri cleared his throat. "So, what exactly is going on here? Where am I? Where's my bike? Who are you people? What-"
"Whoa whoa whoa. Slow it down, dude. I'm quick, but i can't answer everything." Pearl knew he'd have questions, but she was still kind of overwhelmed. He was oddly awake, too, they had pumped him full of drugs when he got here, while they fixed him up. He wasn't supposed to be awake yet. "Okay, let's see what I can tell you, here. So, this is the Institute. No, not a mental institute, i promise. Well," she thought for a moment, "Most of the people here belong in a mental institute, but still. You seem perfectly sane. Two, your bike is safe, i promise, and not a scratch on it. Ruby's been drooling over it while you've been asleep. Three, you're here because otherwise, you would've died slowly, painfully, and gone screaming, and thrashing as the demon blood slowly ate away your flesh." Pearl paused, and tried not to laugh at the shocked look on Dimitri's face. "Ruby, Stephan and I are shadowhunters, hunters of the demons, the things that go bump in the night, that cast dark magic, to harm mundanes, like you."
"There's that word again, mundane. What does that mean? It's really starting to sound like an insult." Dimitri interrupted.
"It means human. Not a drop of shadowhunter or downworlder blood in you. Completely human. But, I'm not so sure you are a mundane."
"What? Why not? Why wouldn't I be human?" Pearl could see him starting to panic.
"Hey, chelax, bro. It's almost hurtful that you'd be upset about not being human. I only wonder because I've never seen a human wake up after being hit with poisonous demon blood, and especially not be able to speak, and form complete questions. It's just weird." Pearl reassured him. She could see he was still very, very tired. "Tell you what. You need sleep, but as soon as you wake up, I'll tell you more. No! Don't protest, it does no good. I'm a lot stronger than you, and very capable of knocking you out. Just sleep."
Pearl watched his eyes slip shut, and she went to go find their royal highness' and make sure she hadn't hurt their feelings too much.
Tessa Herondale
Tessa Herondale
Struggling To Go On
Struggling To Go On

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Rose Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:30 am

Ruby wore a frown because Stephen dragged her out of her shower to go check on the "noise". In the hurry Stephen was in she only had time to grab a towel to cover herself before he would of barged into her room and pulled her by her hair.

So, now she was standing in the infirmary with a loud mundane demanding the truth. Well was that is until he sent her away. At first she felt offended to be sent away like that but, then glad so she could finish her shower. This demon blood was starting to get to her.

The whole time the hot water hit her body she couldn't help but, think of Dimitri. She had heard that name before... and for some reason it brought back an unsettling feeling to her stomach. He needs to leave now. In order to do that he needs his bike. Ruby turned off the water and hurried out of the shower once again and quickly got changed into clean gear. The sooner he left the institute the better it would be for her.

On her way back to the infirmary she was stopped by Pearl. She looked like she was ready to blow as well. What was it with everyone yelling at her today?

"Ruby if looks could kill you would be dead already." Pearl said while crossing her arms.

Ruby sighed,"Yea well you would miss me if I were dead. How's that kid doing?"

"Dimitri, you know that is his name, his health has improved quickly. When he wakes up he will have all the demon blood out of his system." Pearl told her.

His health improved quickly. Now he really needs to leave. I want nothing to do with him. Ruby's eyes went wide in shock trying not to give away to much of what she was feeling at the moment. This couldn't be the warlock's child that was sent to kill her.

*Flash Back*
When Ruby was 16, she was a trouble maker. Which made her priorities seem to be out of order. Especially one night out when she was hunting with Harmony. She mange to make a kill that night but, was visited by an angry warlock.

"You killed one of my men!" He spoke in a agitated tone.

Ruby just laughed and replied,"Yea I did. So what?"

The warlock completely filled with fury grabbed her by the throat and whispered,"So what? I'll send one of my sons after you to kill you, Ruby Blackthorn. You won't know when, or what he will look like but, he will kill you." He promised her before leaving a mark on her neck. Then disappeared without another word.

*End of Flashback*

"Earth to Ruby. Hello!" Pearl waved a hand into front of her face.

Ruby grabbed her hand,"He needs to leave before people start wondering where he is. Heal him or I'll have to rip the IVs from him and toss him out the door."

Pearl looked perplexed,"Um, I was asking about what you wanted to eat for dinner but, since you brought up him. He'll be out as soon as the blood is gone from him. Just be patient." From how Ruby was looking there was something she was keeping to herself. Pearl didn't have enough time to ask her because she went into the infirmary and locked the door. Oh brother... at least she is acting like herself.

"Hm, I'll just sit here and wait for the bike boy to wake up." Ruby mumbled to herself before getting comfortable in the chair beside his bed.
Captain Rose
Captain Rose
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MyNameIsAlan Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:02 pm

Demons..Shadow hunters..This can't be real. Is it? Or am I just going insane? Maybe I got in a bike accident and I'm just asleep in a hospital right now. Maybe, I'm dead and went to hell. No. This is real. I'm awake, I'm alive, and everything is real.

Letting out a soft groan, Dimitri awoke from his sleep. Blinking his eyes slowly he raised his two hands in front of him staring at them blankly. Yeah, this is real. In the corner of eyes he noticed, the girl who fought the demon is sitting beside him.
"Finally awake?" She asked with an impatient voice.
"Did you enjoy watching me sleep? What are you doing waiting for me to wake up anyway, it's not like I'm going to do anything."
Ruby speaking in a harsh tone, "Hmph, don't get too comfortable, remember, I'm still capable of throwing you outside and leave you to die."
"Such bitter words to tell someone who saved you from getting your face mauled by that demon. If I would've known any better, you should be thanking me. Non the less you owe me for stealing that bike of mine."
"Look here bike boy-"
"Dimitri."
"Dimitri, don't think just because you jumped in to get yourself killed meant you saved me. First of all, I didn't ask for your help, I could've handled that demon just fine by myself. Second, I didn't "steal" your bike, I just borrowed it, plus I was planning to give it back afterward." And thirdly, I am letting you stay here to recover. You should be the one thanking me, for all I know, you could be laying on the ground dying."
"I would rather be dying than be harbored by a girl like you. Besides, I didn't ask for your help, the day I die is the day I'd ever be thanking you."
"Well then, I can assure you your death will be coming very soon."
"Whatever. you guys told me once I recovered I can take my bike and leave. I recovered. Take me to my bike and show me the exit."
"I'll be glad to do so."
Staring into each other eyes with an intense aroma incircling them two, for a second, a spark of feeling aroused inside him. Who is this girl?
Walking in, Pearl appeared at the front door. "Dimitri, you're awake. You look like you're feeling better. Ruby dinner is ready, would you care to join Dimitri?"
"No thank you, I'm taking my leave. I appreciate your hospitality but I better get going."
"Yeah, it's time for him to leave, no need to keep him any longer than needed."
"Well, I insist you to come join us for dinner. It's the least we can do for helping Ruby fight that demon. You can take your bike and leave afterward."
There's no point in arguing back with this chick, he thought to himself. Both Dimitri and Ruby sighed simultaneously, he slowly got onto his feet where all three of them exited the door.
MyNameIsAlan
MyNameIsAlan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tessa Herondale Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:25 pm

Dinner was a relative term. Pearl had ordered ten pizzas for the four of them. She could eat three on her own, and the so could Ruby an Stephan. Harmony was it at a clave meeting, so they had an extra one for the mundane. Dimitri she corrected herself, mentally. Pearl really couldn't stop thinking about him. She tried, but somehow kept coming back around to him. He was odd, for a human.
She shook herself out of her thoughts, as Stephan walked into the kitchen. He still had that brooding, upset look on his face.
"I thought I smelled pizza," He said.
"Well, you were right, three triple meat, waiting for you." Pearl grinned. "Come on Stephan, smile. We're all alright, and we're all alright. And we have pizza."
"How can I be happy?" Stephan started.
Here we go. Pearl thought.
"We brought that mundane in here, and now we have to take care of him, and feed him, and everything." Stephan dropped into a chair and pulled a pizza closer. Pearl dropped in the chair beside him.
"Cut the guy a break. He'll be gone soon, and the only thin he really cares about is his bike."
"I will not cut him a break! I want him gone, now! Why is there an extra pizza?" Stephan asked.
"I'm assuming its for me."
Pearl looked up to see Dimitri in the doorway, Ruby right behind him. He walked in and sat down right next to Stephan.
"Oh Stephan, how did you know I loved pepperoni?" Dimitri leaned closer to him, and smiled big, batting his eyelashes. Pearl stifled a laugh. The stupefied look on his face was one she usually only saw for something Ruby said. It was nice to see someone else do that to him.
"Alright, so, before Stephanie kills bike boy here-"
"Dimitri"
"Don't call me that."
"What are we doing tonight?" Asked Ruby.
"That's impressive, how you can piss off two people in less than one sentence." Pearl observed, "anyway. I'm going to the club down the street, and somebody has to take Dimitri home." Immedietly, Stephan and Ruby started protesting.
"Save it, I- What are you looking at?" Pearl had noticed Dimitri staring. He dropped his eyes, embarrassed.
"You said you were going to a club. I haven't ever been to one."
"Never? How? How have you never been to a club?" Pearl gaped at him, unable to comprehend how that could be.
"Oh look! It's the old Pearl. Do you want me to turn on some Justin Beiber?" Ruby teased. Pearl picked up her fork an threw it at her. Ruby neatly dodged it, and laughed.
"Why does that matter? He's leaving anyway." Stephan interrupted.
"Not anymore! He's going clubbing." Pearl said, with a big grin. "And, best of all, he's going with me. So he'll have fun."
"Hey! I'm fun!" Protested Ruby.
"Yeah, but you'd use him as a human pole to dance on." Pearl snorted.
"I haven't had a complaint yet."
"Do I get a say here?" Inquired Dimitri.
"Nope. You just get to come along." Pearl gave him a sharp smile. "There's just one problem." Pearl said, looking him up and down.
"What?" Asked Dimitri.
"You're clothes. I refuse to be seen with you in those clothes."
The flabbergasted look on Dimitri's face sent everyone into fits of laughter.
Tessa Herondale
Tessa Herondale
Struggling To Go On
Struggling To Go On

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Rose Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:14 pm

The color in Dimitri's eyes flashed from their crystal blue to a cloudy gray then back to a crystal blue. Ruby knew her eyes weren't playing a trick on her. His eyes changed color. So bike boy turns out to be a bloody warlock. Just my luck. This could only confirm her flashback from earlier. However, he wasn't sent to kill her instead she found him by her actions. She knew she should of went for the midnight blue bike beside Dimitri's bike.

"Pearl, I'm hurt you rather hang out with bike boy then your own best friend." Ruby complained.

Pearl opened her mouth to say something and decided to just give up she wouldn't win against Ruby. That girl has always been so distant to her yet she never have the courage to ask why. Ruby wouldn't let anyone know why.

"I'm kidding Pearl." Ruby grinned and turned to Dimitri," Save me a dance bike boy." She then turned and left the room with Dimitri's keys still in her hands. Pearl was planning on taking him out while Ruby needed to talk to him about his father. Might as well kill two birds with one stone. While getting the answers she needed, she could then kill bike boy so she could finally live in peace.

For so many years she feared trusting anyone worried that they were the warlock's son sent out to kill her. Her friendship with Pearl only happened due to the dire change that needed to happen within her. Stephen helped her through it and as the result they became parabatai. Good for him considering he always would be in control of everything Ruby tried to do. Ever since Pearl came he was... better for the most part which Ruby was grateful for.

Stephen and her still had a complicated relationship. That just wouldn't change no matter who crawled into their life. For once they both wanted the same thing, Dimitri out of the institute. But, the way Pearl was ogling him something told her there would be no easy way of getting rid of him. Which would mean Ruby would have to step into this both it became more then is was. Warlock boy, prepare to have the wildest night of your life. Ruby thought of a plan as she got ready for the night out in the club.

She stripped out of her gear and into a white one sleeve party dress. The fabric was slim fitting so it hugged her fit body. "Gosh I hate dresses."

"I don't hate how they look on you, gorgeous." Stephen winked taking in the skin he usually didn't see on her.

"Shut up." She hissed before slamming the door on his face to finish getting ready for the night out at Demon Tracks. Yea great name for a pub filled with all kinds of creatures of the night and you guessed it demons too.

Captain Rose
Captain Rose
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MyNameIsAlan Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:35 pm

Clubbing? What have I gotten myself into. I've never been to a club before, yet alone danced! If I go, I'll only humiliate myself. Sigh.. That Pearl, she's a nice girl but at times like this, I wish she'd be like the others and just rid me from the the institute. I just want my bike..

Pearl gave him some new clothing to change into and took him to a spare room. "Be ready in half an hour." She smiled and left. Looking at himself in the mirror he thought, What's wrong with the way I look right now? Why do you even need to dress nice to some stupid club? It's just dancing.. Luckily there was a bathroom to shower in. Since the inccident Dimitri never got a chance to clean himself. After taking the hot shower he stepped out to dress himself. Putting on a black straight slim fit pants with a black buttoned up shirt that complemented with the pants, he rolled up the sleeves and put on a silver Casio watch on his left wrist along with a silver necklace to match. Slipping into his black suede shoes, Dimitri took one last look at the mirror then left to go meet up with everyone.

His first reaction was utterly appalled when he saw Ruby and Pearl. "Wow you girls look great. You know, when you girls aren't running around killing demons and stealing people's bike, you're actually pretty attractive."
"Ha. We're not completely insane. But thank you, you look a lot better with those clothing than the ones you had before." Pearl acknowledged. After awhile Dimitri noticed on their right stood Stephen. Giving him cold eyes he said, "Hello Stephen."
"And hello to you too Mundane."
"Excuse me?"
"Do I have to repeat myself Mundane?"
"You little assh-"
"Boys stop the fight for one night and let loose," Pearl interupted. "We all had a rough night so let this be a chance for everyone to relax. Okay?"
"Alright." Replied Dimtiri.
"And you Stephen?"
"Yeah, whatever."
Ruby stepping in, "Pearl, always being the peacekeeper. What would we do without you. Alright, well now that all the dispute is settled, lets get this party on the road!" Ruby leading the group them out the front door, they all went to the car. Dimitri looking up at the starless night sky, Something bad is gonna happen, I got a bad feeling about this. "Dimitri you comin'?" Asked Ruby. "Yeah, I am." Taking one last look at the cold sky he got inside the car, the group took off to Demon Tracks.
MyNameIsAlan
MyNameIsAlan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tessa Herondale Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:31 pm

Stephan drove, as usual. Ruby sat in the passenger seat, and Pearl in the back with Dimitri. She could practically feel how nervous he was for this.
"Dimitri. You're killing me here. You're going clubbing, you're not meeting your girlfriend's parents. Really, just relax," Pearl said. Dimitri looked at her, confused.
"I don't have a girlfriend." Without her consent, Pearl's heart beat a little faster. His eyes seemed to be changing colors, constantly. She blinked, and looked away.
"Well, i hope you're as bad at dancing as Stephan, maybe he'll actually dance this time, instead of hitting on the poor, helpless girls at the bar." teased Pearl.
"I am not a bad dancer, i simply don't dance in the same way the others do." Stephan protested, as he parked the car.
"Yeah, you're right, you dance like an uncoordinated duck, instead." Ruby smirked. Pearl straightened her dress, and reached for the door. But, the door was already being opened, and Dimitri was standing there holding it for her. She hadn't lied when she'd daid he looked better. He helped her out of the car.
"Awww, look, Stephan, he's being a gentleman!" snickered Ruby. Stephan snickered beside her, and walked into the club with her. Dimitri watched them leave.
"He really doesn't like me, does he?" he asked.
"Don't blame yourself. He doesn't like anyone. He barely likes me, and he only tolerates Ruby." Pearl said.
"Sad. Really, i'm such a likeable person, and he's so dreamy! Those girls at the bar are so lucky!" Dimitri pretended to swoon, and Pearl laughed.
"Why, Dimitri! If i didn't know better, i would say there's something you haven't told me." Pearl teased, before dragging him to the door. She could feel him getting nervous again, when they walked in. But, she couldn't bring herself to care. She could feel the bass vibrating the ground, and the music seemed to fill her veins. She swayed to the music.
"Hey, i think i'm going to go get a drink or-"
"Nuh uh, bike boy, i want to see you dance. Oh! This is even a good song." Pearl interrupted him. Paralyzer came through the speakers, and she couldn't stand still anymore. She dragged Dimitri to the middle of the dancefloor, and started dancing. The place was crowded, and she was surrounded by two warlocks making out on one side, and an unfamiliar mundane on her other side. She grabbed Dimitri's hands, and made him move to the beat. He awkwardly moved, looking incredibly uncomfortable in the pulsing lights. If he could sink into the floor and disappear, thought Pearl, I believe he gladly would. Maybe a drink would relax him. She was wary of anything to drink in this place, but maybe if her bartender was here, he could get something that wouldn't turn him into a rat, or something. She had heard about some girl that had taken her friend to a party, and gotten him turned into a rat, who got kidnapped by vampires.
She moved closer, so she didn't have to shout over the music. "I won't make you stay here, you look so uncomfortable. Lets see what there is to drink." Pearl could see the relief written plainly on his face. Was it just her, or did his eyes look blue now? Must just be the lights. she thought. She took him to the bar. She was in luck, she knew this bartender.
"James!" she called, "Would you fix me up with my favorites?"
The bartender looked up at her, and grinned. "Pearl! It's been awhile. I'm not sure i remember your favorites."
"You remember everything, don't lie to me." Pearl shot back.
"You're right! I'll whip them both up real fast." James shot Pearl one last grin before starting in on his work. A few minutes later, he dropped two drinks in front of them, and didn't have time to talk, before he was being called by another customer. Dimitri eyed the drinks suspiciously.
"They're not poison, i promise. James is the only bartender i trust not to do that. Just choose one." Pearl encouraged.
Dimitri reached forward, and took one. He took a drink, and looked suprised. "Hey this is actually-" He was interrupted when Ruby strutted up to the table.
"Bike boy. I told you to save me a dance, and I'm calling it in. Let's go." she said confidently.
"I would, but I'm-"
"No time for witty comments! This is my favorite song, and you owe me a dance. Lets go!" She repeated. Ruby grabbed Dimitri's arm, and drug him away. Pearl was suprised at the bit of jealousy she felt, watching them walk away like that. Jealousy wasn't something she'd really ever felt the need for before. Stephan walked up, and took Dimitri's vacated chair.
"Yeah, i got ditched too. Mind if i sit wwith you?" He asked.
"Do i ever?" asked Pearl, smiling.
"Yes." Pearl was about to protest when she saw his joking smile. He reached for the drink Dimitri had, and took a sip. He looked like he was going to choke, and Pearl had to duck her head to hide the grin on her face.
"Is that what the mundane was drinking? It's disgusting!"
Tessa Herondale
Tessa Herondale
Struggling To Go On
Struggling To Go On

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Rose Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:03 am

Dimitri tried to protest due to his lack in dancing department. The drink he had seemed to calm his nerves down. Which was different from normal alcohol he drank. However, the drink wouldn't help his terrible dancing moves. Luckily Ruby didn't want to dance instead she dragged him into a private VIP area in the club so they could talk alone.

"Bike boy-"

"It's Dimitri for the millionth time, Emerald." He rolled his eyes.

"Ah cute, mixing my name with the other gemstones. It's Ruby, as in power and passion. You should know that, warlock."

"Great, another threat sounding word. Warlock has a meaning behind it? "

"Oh so you don't know. Wow, you really have a mundane mind. Warlock as in you have 100% magic in your blood, you’re not human. In fact you’re immortal to some extent. The way I know you aren't human is your mood changing eyes. Every warlock has something that is not human about him or her. I saw it earlier and I see it now. Your eyes are yellow due to you feeling uneasy when they usually are light blue like mine." Ruby stated. He obviously didn't believe her so; she pulled out a mirror from her purse and opened it for him. His eyes went wide in shock.

"This can't be true. You're lying to me Ruby. Your mirror is broken." He denied her words. The life he knew couldn't be one someone built for him. Could it?

"Well, Dimitri I'm not lying nor is my mirror that works perfectly fine. In fact I can prove it, what's your father's name?"

Dimitri raised an eyebrow obviously curious to why she would want to know his father's name. "Richard Williams.”
The name fit in with her flashback, “So you’re William’s kid I've always heard about? Interesting. Richard Williams is one of the most popular warlocks alive. He runs this club and has a wife by the name Jenna Williams. I assume that’s your mother."

"That is my mother's name." He managed to get out when the rest of his mind seemed to be else where. Ruby pointed out a picture of his father and surely enough it was his father only with bright orange hair and blue eyes.

Ruby felt bad for the poor fellow. The reason being he was really no threat to her. Well until he was "awakened" from this fake reality and brought into his true nature. That nature would bring him back to her to finish her off for betraying his father. Oh how grudges were such lovely things to be held against you. Something in her gut told her he has no idea that you know his father that wants to kill you Ruby.

Which means she could of been paranoid for 2 whole years for nothing. It was a good thing the scar Richard gave her on her shoulder was covered from everyone's eyes. The questions she didn't know how to answer And she knew no lie would be able to cover up a warlock scar. The scar was a thin line of purple starting at her shoulder trailing down to her elbow and would never fade.

Being a shadow hunter has its risks. Even your death, so you have no idea how long you have. The warlock shouldn't of scared her like that but, he did. For that she was the distant Ruby she is today. That was only to protect the others from becoming too attached so if she died try wouldn't miss her. They didn't need to grieve over her death she would just be Ruby Blackthorn an expectional shadow hunter no one had the chance to really know. Easy for them and her.

Coming back to Dimitri, his eyes were back to their blue telling her he was calm. It wouldn't hurt to take precautions an make sure he didn't know. That was what the plan for now find more about Dimitri. Then if it comes down to her life; kill him.

But, if the situation were complicated he wouldn't be able to kill her. Mortal or not there was one word that would change the killing game entirely. And that word was love.
Captain Rose
Captain Rose
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MyNameIsAlan Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:45 pm

Shocked, he tried to gather all the information she threw at him a few minutes ago. Spacing out from the loud music and the humid air, Dimitri thought to himself, How could this be possible? First I got my bike stolen and end up face to face with a demon, now this? Why didn't he tell me that I'm a warlock, that he's a warlock. This is surreal. What the hell is even a warlock anyway, some kind of mystical creature that changes eye colors? Not convinced by the proofs Ruby laid out, Dimitri continued to argue back.

"I still don't believe you that my father is a warlock, that I'm one. He's never mentioned to me anything about this. I think the reason why my eyes appear to change colors is because of the lights in this club. You're just mistaken."

Clearly frustrated Ruby replied, "Dimitri why would I even bother lie to you. I am not mistaken with anything. I can tell the difference between a human and a warlock. For you to heal that quickly after being in contact with demon blood is not normal for even a healthy adult. And secondly, you shouldn't even be able to see any of us. So I know for a fact that you're warlock. Denying the truth doesn't do you any favors. It's not my fault your warlock daddy didn't tell you this."

"How is this even possible?! You people are insane. I just want my old life back. My bike back. And all of this," wavering his hand around the club,"to go away. This isn't my life. I never asked for this."

"Maybe you're the insane one, because as far as I'm concerned I'm perfectly normal. And I'm not saying you can't go back to your life. We'll let you take your bike and you can just get out of our lives and let you continue where you left off that day."

"That has got to be the best thing you have ever said throughout the time I met you. But even if this is true, that I am a warlock, what does it matter to you? It shouldn't affect your life. So why make it seem like warlocks are awful creatures that shouldn't exist?"

The moment Dimitri asked that question an appalled face expression appeared on her face. He seemed surprised by her reaction. Mentally, he accused of Ruby hiding something. Like curiosity killed that cat, Dimitri wanted to find out why she seemed so shocked, almost nervous.

Ruby seemed distant after that question as if she was off thinking about something so he asked her once again, "Well? Are warlocks bad?"

Hesitant before she spoke, "Well, warlocks aren't "technically" bad. It's just that, they aren't typically my kind of people. Let's just say I have a bad history with warlocks. And well-"

Interupting her, Dimitri saying it with a smirk, "You probably have a bad history with everyone. But in all seriousness, what happened that made you hate my peo-err I mean warlocks?"

Ruby took a deep sigh before answering his question, "Well.. You see, I uhm-"

Suddenly Pearl appeared in front of them, distrupting the conversation they had, she seemed jumpy. "What are you two doing in the VIP area all alone. The party is out there guys. Both of you should come with me. Dimitri, you came to the club for a reason and that's to dance. So c'mon!"

"Ah shit. I thought I got away with the dancing thing." Sighing he left with Ruby along with Pearl. After the intruption, the conversation they just had was forgotten and basically died out. Looking at Ruby she seemed kind of relieved that Pearl came. Maybe she is hiding something from me. I completely hate doing this but I think I should stick with these people, they may know things I don't. After speaking with Ruby for a bit, he begin to feel more comfortable towards her. Even though it's only been a night, he felt like maybe these people aren't so bad. Well, except for Stephen. They still have a bad connection with each other. Getting less shy and nervous as he walked with them to the dance floor, Dimitri said, "So, am I gonna get some booty action from both of you?"

"Ha, your funny bike boy. Don't get so cocky" Ruby responded.

"Oh I see what you're doing here. You just want me to yourself and not Pearl interfering. It's okay. You and me can dance together." Replying with a grin.

"In your dreams. Not even in a million will I ever want you."

All three of them laughed and started dancing to the loud music the DJ was playing. Before going, he thought it wasn't such a good idea being here at this club but suddenly throughout the night he found himself actually enjoying this. After constantly dancing for such a long time, those three went to take a break and sat down at an empty table. Dimitri quickly remembered that he wanted to stick with them awhile longer just to see what they know, he decided to ask them.

Ahem. "So uhm, I was wondering if I could stay at the institute for a little longer. I mean, my life isn't going to be the same anymore after that night," which he thought to himself was a complete lie. He isn't going to let anything change his life, "I want to learn more about this, different world." Both of the girls stared at each other and looked back him with a shocked face. Out of nowhere, Stephen showed up next to them. "There you guys are. I had a few drinks and when I look back all of you dissapeared." Everyone sitting at the table was all quiet so he was confused. "What? Did something happened?"

Pearl broke the silence and spoke, "Well, Dimitri wants to stay at the institute for a little longer. So-"

"He what?!" Immediately, he pulled both of them back and spoke in secrecy. Hm, maybe asking them wasn't such a good idea. What's the point of living under the roof full of people who hates me anyway. Patiently listening to there loud whispers and shouts, after while they went back to the table.

"Good news, you can stay, Dimitri was about to speak but Pearl raised a finger at him signaling to wait, "but, you have to follow our rules and live under our conditions."

Accepting without knowing what he is really agreeing to, Dimitri said, "Deal. I can live with that." Looking over at Stephen, Dimitri noticed he doesn't seem too happy about this. Great, I'm gonna live with a guy who once suggested I should be thrown out of the car and left to die. What did I get myself into? The night was getting late so they decided to leave the club soon. Dimitri finshing up his drink, Stephen walked up the him.

"I don't know what your deal is here, but if you dare pull anything, I'll kill you."

"Hmph, as if I'm even afraid of you. Why don't you talk to my ass next time you want to a make threat. I can careless about you." Dimitri and Stephen both clutching their fist, they appeared as they're ready to kill each other.

"Wow, I can literally see flames leaking outside your guys' body. Let's get back. I'd at least like to end the night without you two blowing up the club." Pearl said, standing by them with an impatient look.

Ruby abruptly appeared in the middle of the conflict unawared of what the situation was,"Are you guys are coming or not? I'm getting bored to death standing here."

Dimitri looked at Stephen with one last stare until he stepped pass him and walked towards the girl. Quickly, Stephen followed and all four of them left the club. Standing by the car Dimitri asked Ruby, "Hey Ruby, can i sleep with you tonight?" Jokingly he smiled.

"Not unless you want to die."

"Sigh, Ruby why do you always have to make a death threat to everyone you meet? And Dimitri, stop saying things that'll get you killed. C'mon, let's go home."

MyNameIsAlan
MyNameIsAlan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tessa Herondale Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:54 pm

He's staying. I don't have to say goodbye, he's staying. Pearl couldn't figure out why it mattered to her so much. Or why she had to try so hard to walk through the institute, not go skipping down the halls.
What the hell is wrong with me? She asked herself, I barely know this guy!
For some reason, something in her head just rebelled at the thought of him leaving. She didn't have the time or the concentration to figure it out just now. He was out with Ruby, checking on the bike. Of course the bike. She'd get it one day.
The doorbell of the institute went off downstairs. "Got it!" She called to no one. She wasn't quite sure where Stephan was, but she hated when he answered the door. It made people worry to see such a sour pus answer the door.
She ran downstairs and threw open the door. "Playboy Mansion, sorry I'm not so pretty as- Oh." She stopped short. There was a man at the door, obviously a warlock. If she had to guess, he looked vaguely like-
"Where is he?" the warlock interrupted.
"I'm sorry?" Pearl looked at him, bewildered. His red eyes were ever so disconcerting.
"My son. Don't play games with me, shadowhunter, I know he's here." His lips curled into a snarl at the word 'shadowhunter.'
"He's out." A voice from behind Pearl said, before she could reply. She turned around to see Stephan standing in the shadow of the door. He had a seraph blade in one hand, and looked extremely dangerous.
"Out where?" The warlock demanded.
"Out." Stephan's voice had a clear message of threat. The warlock heard it.
"You dare threaten me? Do you know me?" He asked softly.
"Yes! Yes he does, the moron does. And you know what? I can see that you're ready to kill him, so let me help. He has this weak spot-" Pearl interjected.
"Yes I threaten you. You're not welcome here." Stephan interrupted her.
"Stephan! Shut up! You are not helping me!" Pearl looked desperately between the two of them. The warlock's eyes were glowing red now, almost like magic was about to be released from them.
"No. I will let the stupid one live. He does not care for his own life." The warlock smirked. "However, i can hurt the one thing he cares for most. His parabatai."
Before Pearl could react, he raised his hand, and something of an invisible force hit her. Her body seemed to burst, and be in excrutiating pain. She heard someone scream in the distance. Was that her? I should help that poor girl. Pearl thought. She hit the ground, and felt her mind start to shatter, like it was nothing more than thin glass.
She distantly hear Stephan roar. No she tried to tell him. Don't fight, i'll never get the blood off the porch.
She heard the warlock laugh, and then nothing.
"Come back! Don't disappear like a coward, come back and fix her you-"
That was all she heard, before a sudden, sharp pain hit her, and sent her flying into unconciousness.
Tessa Herondale
Tessa Herondale
Struggling To Go On
Struggling To Go On

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum